Property Disputes / Real Estate Litigation
Good fences make good neighbors...unless the fence is encroaching on your property!
If you find yourself in a Property Dispute that cannot be resolved with friendly conversation, you may need to consult a Real Estate Lawyer to get matters settled.
The Property and Real Estate Lawyers at the Deer lake Law Group can facilitate a negotiation or commence legal action with respect to:
• Real Estate transaction disputes
• Property line encroachment / Boundary disputes
• License Agreement permitting land use by non-owner
• Tree and landscaping disputes
• Damage caused by neighbours trees
• Nuisance neighbours / Maintenance issues
If you are dealing with a dispute regarding real estate, contact our Real Estate Lawyers today for a consultation to discuss your rights and legal strategies. Initial Consultation fee of $150.00, plus taxes, will apply.
If you own or rent a Strata property, you may encounter issues involving the Strata Corporation, other Strata owners, Strata Council and even tenants - issues that cannot be easily resolved with a friendly letter or even through the Civil Resolution Tribunal. Our Strata Lawyers can assist in issues that involve:
• Owners’ failure to pay Strata fees or fines;
• Strata Foreclosures / Certificate of Payment issues
• Unfair actions by the Strata Council;
• Disputes between Strata Council Members;
• Challenges to Strata by-laws;
• Forced sale of Strata properties;
• Wind-down of Strata Corporation;
• Issues pertaining to Strata Land, site development, owner’s per cent share;
• Other Strata-related disputes
If you are involved in a Strata dispute, as an individual or as a Strata Corporation or Strata Council, contact our Strata Lawyers today for an Initial Consultation to discuss your rights and legal strategies. Fee for Initial Consultation regarding Strata matters is $150.00 plus applicable taxes.
You work hard for your money – and you deserve to get paid. Unfortunately, there are times when your invoices do not get paid, and you need help to recover the money owed to you.
Contractors, Sub-contractors, Tradespeople, Suppliers and Engineers can take steps to receive the money owed to them (for a construction project or renovation) by filing a Builders Lien under the BC Builders Lien Act. The Builders Lien is a registration with the LTSA (Land Titles and Survey Authority – BC) that becomes a ‘Charge’ against the property involved with the non-payment.
If you have been involved with a non-payment issue for work completed or supplies provided, it is important that you act immediately. There are strict dead-lines for filing Builders Liens.
If you are a home-owner, and a Builders Lien or Certificate of Pending Litigation (CPL) has been filed against your land or property, it is important that you consult with a lawyer as soon as you are aware of the ‘Charge’ to avoid construction delays or other financial obstacles involving your real estate.
If you are dealing with a Builders Lien, please contact us today to discuss your next steps and strategies. Initial Consulation fee is $150.00 plus applicable taxes.